Purchase of Piper 32

Dear Sirs,
I would like to know opinion of pilots, owner of Pipers. I looking for some piper 32R, but I have now two possibility one is Piper PA-32RT-300T Turbo Lance II 1978 and second one is Piper PA-32R-300 Lance 1975, I would like to know how much cost maintenance and service work annually and how much cost overhaul of engine, but I am from Europe and here probably price of everything which is around flying more higher than in USA. So, I have some limited budged and I don't want to buy something which dry me out from my money =)
I have just experience with small piper PA28-Arrow and Archer and with Cessna 172 and 182RG but I preffer Piper ;)
Thank you in advance for some vaulable info.

Peter

Comments

• I own a 1981 normally aspirated, fixed gear PA32. Over the 8 years that I've owned it I've spent an average of $4,500/year on maintenance. The annual inspection itself is about $1,000 - the rest is fixing stuff that breaks, corrodes, or wears out. The retractable gear in the PA32 family is quite reliable - it won't add substantially to your costs.

Engine overhaul prices can range from $20,000 if you overhaul all the parts you can up to $40,000 if you re-engine. For my overhaul we replaced all the cylinders, it was $27,000.

The turbo is going to cost extra in a couple of ways. First, TBO is 1,800 hours instead of 2,000 hours for the normally aspirated version. Second, the factory Piper turbo installation runs hot. Owners have a lot of trouble getting the engine to TBO. About one-third of the fleet have aftermarket intercoolers installed. These work well and have the reputation of getting their engines to TBO. If you're buying a turbo PA32, you want one with intercoolers.
  • Ok, thanks for clear explanation. Rather than turbo Lanncer II is to buy Lacer without turbo prop. :)
    Peter