Non-polarizing sunglasses - what do you fly with?

Does anyone have any good experience with some non-polarizing sunglasses for use when flying?

When I fly with my iPad, I have to lock the display in landscape mode due to the polarizing effect of the LCD panel and my (cheap) sunglasses.
Does any fly with the VedaloHD or similar and can report that they don't have the polarizing type lenses?

Thanks,

Andy

Comments

• Ray bans or Revos. Both unpolarized. With some polarized I can't even se the GNS530 screen.
  • On an earlier post I mentioned years ago I could not see an asphalt runway at an uncontrolled airport with my polarized glasses. The sun was behind the runway and apparently the reflection was polarized. When I removed my glasses, walla, there it was. :cool:
  • Surprisingly I am having no problems with my new pair of prescription Ray Ban's that I had polarized at Lenscrafters. I fly a Diamond DA40 with a G1000 and my new iPad.
  • I keep both in my flight bag. I can see my yolk mounted 396 best with polarized sunglasses and prefer them for everyday flying. When I flew airliners, you could not wear polarized because the multi layered heated windshield became a rainbow of colors. The military requires nonpolarized neutral grey sunglasses which can be had on Amazon for about $50 by American Optical. My personal favorites are mil spec Oakley SI Splinter in neutral grey. They have flat temples for headsets and wrap around better. They are not cheap, even with a military discount, but very much worth the price.