Over Limits Inspection For Flaps

Does anyone know of or where can be obtained, the manufacturer's over limits inspection proceedure for operating with flaps outside of the specified speed range? My aircraft was operated with 10 degrees of flaps at approximately 125kts IAS (upper limit is 102 IAS).

Thanks,
James

Comments

• The "Flaps Extended Above Maximum Flap Extension Speed" inspection procedure can be found in the maintenance manual ("Unscheduled Maintenance Checks") -- Your shop should have a current copy of that manual if they're doing any work on Cherokees.

The copy I have (Piper P/N 753-586, dated 01/31/2008) says:
    - Inspect flap torque tube / pushrod for distortion ; Replace as required (there is a further procedure called out for the torque tube distortion inspection)
    - Inspect flaps for damage to the skin and attach points ; Replace as required

The torque tube distortion inspection seems to require removing the torque tubes, making sure the paint isn't damaged, then stripping the paint and doing a dye penetrant inspection, which if I follow the manual correctly also means re-rigging the flaps when you're done.

Note that I'm no mechanic - just a guy who likes reading service manuals :D