Terrible question, but I know someone has done it

I have grown bored with my cherokee 140, I flew recently with a local pilot that had done quite a few airshows in his Christianson eagle, he now owns a carbon cub ss that I have done several service bulletins on, we took out the carbon cub and he was confident in doing loops and rolls in his carbon cub. Now I really am wondering about the cherokee 140s cabilities in the aerobatic category.... hehe, probably wont happen but has anyone had success looping or rolling their cherokee?

Comments

• I would not suggest loops, but a roll will probably be fine. Not approved though.
  • I know at least one guy who says it's no big deal, safe alt, some smack, nose up, full rudder & half aileron & keep it going. I also know of an NTSB report where a guy tried a roll in an unapproved Piper & bought the farm. One of those things where one could be fine & the next may screw it up.

Some considerations are the age & condition of plane & how gentile one is on the controls.. All I can say is proceed with extreme caution.
  • wiwarrior wrote:
    Some considerations are the age & condition of plane & how gentile one is on the controls.. All I can say is proceed with extreme caution.

And bring a rabbi.

:-)