Door Steward review

Just a happy customer review on the Door Steward for our planes. I bought one for my Seneca II and had my IA install. He was very impressed with the quaility and function of it. It has been the BEST $200 I have spent on my plane bar none. It automatically opens the door when you pull the handle and HOLDS it open. When you taxi it holds the door open to allow air into the cabin without wondering if it is going to slam shut on a passenger. Also when you land ( and need fresh air) just reach over and pull the door handles and it will automatically open and STAY open for air flow. Its a lot safer than taxiing and trying to hold the copilot door open on our wide bodies ( not that I use to do that). I even ordered one for the rear cabin door and with only a slight mod to the mounting bracket it works the same way. Also, we get a 5% discount with our membership.

Comments

• Thanks for the review - sounds interesting. I'll have to look into it!
  • Any chance you can post a photo or detail what the slight mod was you had to do to use the Door Steward for the rear door?

When I last spoke to Dave at Mtn View Aviation - he had yet to update the STC for rear doors (not saying it can't be done!)
    I have a Cherokee Six - which would be the same (in terms of doors) as your Seneca.

Thanks,

Andy
  • I'll take some pics this weekend.My wife and boys love the rear door. They just pull the door hanle and unlatch the top. It opens and stays open for airflow automatically. It was only a slight mod to the mounting bracket to the airframe is all that had to be done.