Piper Arrow II Annual pre-buy inspection

I have a friend who is buying a 1976 Piper Arrow II. It has 3000 TT on frame, and 1500 on the engine. It is flown regularly, and had SB1006 done last year (no corrosion found and AFC50 applied, new fuel hoses, etc.

Meanwhile, he will be doing a combined annual / prebuy for the final evaluation.

He has already checked cosmetic items (paint, interior, etc), and the owner has agreed to pay half the cost of the annual plus pay for any snags that need fixing for safety reasons.

So....

Besides the standard annual items, what additional items should he ask for (and pay for separately, i.e. not 50/50 with owner) during the annual.

Basically, what checks would he get in a pre-buy that he won't get in an annual? Or rather what additional checks would you recommend if you were buying this aircraft and using an annual to evaluate it?

For example, the shop recommended spending 1000 bucks to pull a cylinder and check engine internals for rust?

BTW: My friend is the one authorizing / paying for the annual, and the shop reports directly back to him. The sales agreement specifies that failure to pay for snags, or non cosmetic safety work in excess of $3000 will potentially cancel the agreement, at which time the owner assumes full responsibility for all annual costs, excluding any 'special' non annual work that he explicitly requested.