Eastern Avionics?

Hi Piper Folks,
My name is Bob Hart and I have been a contributor to the Avionics Forum here for the last year. I've been the Senior Avionics Consultant at Eastern Avionics for 16 years, first as sales person for Eastern and also as Sales Manager for Eastern Avionics from 1999 through 2004. In 16 years, I have personally sold over 20 Million in Avionics. In 2007,
Eastern Avionics was bought out and taken over by new owners and management and we became APG-Eastern Avionics, The APG stands for Aviation Partners Group. In August of this year, I became the Marketing Manager for APG-Eastern Avionics.
Frankly, when we made this change in 2007, we did not do a very good job of notifying the thousands of Eastern Avionics customers of these changes. At the same time, new management reduced our advertising budget and pulled us out of Sun & Fun and Oshkosh. Frankly ... I think a lot of loyal Eastern Avionics customers thought we closed our doors and went out of business! My job, from here on in, is to let the public know and to "rebuild" the APG-Eastern Avionics "Brand"! APG-Eastern Avionics was one of the first (maybe even the first) "Big" avionics companies in the country with both local service and installation and "International" avionics sales through email and telephone and we were the very first avionics company on the world wide web! (1995) Nothing has changed except we have learned a few new "tricks" and are now a serious player in the Corporate Avionics Arena. We are still "experts" at General Aviation Avionics and a major dealer for all the best manufacturers. Please ... if you were an Eastern Customer in the past and you thought we were gone, come back to us! If you have never been an APG-Eastern customer, give us a chance? We still do it right! Come visit us at www.avionix.com Thanks for reading! Bob Hart Senior Avionics Consultant and Marketing Manager
APG-Eastern Avionics in Sunny Punta Gorda, Florida.

Comments

• Might be nice to list at least ONE price on your website. It's like looking to buy a car where the dealer has no prices listed. Oh sure......just come on down.....we'll make you a great deal. The request for quote thing, I might get that for multiple items.......but jeez.......
  • Hi Bill,
    I appreciate your feedback and I agree , although, you are exaggerating a bit. We do have some pricing but mostly on new equipment. We need to have prices on everthing that we can. This was a "philosophy" of the managing partner here that just left the company. You have to be careful what you wish for and frankly, I was the loudest dissenter so, now I'm the marketing guy, responsible for advertising and our website! A lot has changed in the world and in aviation/avionics. I would be very interested in your feedback! Besides a price, what else do you need when you shop from our website?
    How are you shopping these days for avionics and aircraft parts? What are you reading besides "Piper" magazine? Is trade-a Plane something you still use? How do you see the future of General Aviation? If you fly for fun ... how are you affording to fly these days? Please tell me how to do this right? So you know, I'm a pilot. I've owned a Piper Colt, Cherokee 140 and Cherokee Six. (also a Stinson, Grumman and Corbin Baby Ace). Thanks for the feedback Bill!
    Bob Hart APG-Eastern Avionics rhart@avionix.com
  • Yo Flying Medic ... Lots of changes and a lot of prices added to the APG Eastern Avionics Website: www.avionix.com
    Take a look and give me your feedback? Thanks! Bob Hart APG Eastern Avionics rhart@avionix.com
  • Bob,

Glad to meet you! I did think that Eastern had gone out of business. The website before the take-over was a go-to site for a wealth of avionics information, both new and old. I used it a lot and I have done business with your company in the past.

I don't know where that "call for price" mentality comes from. I don't know if it is a bit of the old car salesman game, "how much do you want to pay for this car" or if it was a paranoid perspective of "don't put up a price because our competitors will counter $0.01 under and we'll lose the sale!" thing.

Anyway, hope to see at least the character of the old website, the wealth of information, and that can-do, in-stock, no-bs, way of doing business that makes me wish I was on the East coast sometimes.
  • Hi Larry,
    Thanks for your feedback! I'm the last hold-out from the Eastern Avionics Days, going on 16 years. The mentality for the "call or click for price" came from what you suggest, "what if our price is not the lowest" and a concern about keeping the pricing "current". This was the philosophy of our managing partner during the period 2008 to about six months ago. I know, as a sales consultant who has personally sold over 20 million in avionics and as the companies Marketing Manager that it is the companies responsibility to know the "street price" of the products we sell and to give the customer what "they" want to see when they are shopping or just researching a possible purchase or upgrade. The good news is that the source of this problem is gone from APG Eastern Avionics and now we are on the road to fixing it!
    I could really use everyones feedback on this subject! What do you expect to see when you shop or research an avionics purchase? What magazines do you read these days. Is good advice still as important as it used to be? Please let me know your thoughts? Thanks Larry! Bob Hart APG Eastern Avionics rhart@avionix.com www.avionix.com