Preheating technique for Seneca III

I am a new owner of a Seneca III. I bought the plane over the summer, so I have never flown it in cold weather or tried to start it cold. I am considering buying a Red Dragon heater from Sporty's for this winter. I used one on my Beach Sierra (single engine non-turbo) and it worked just fine. I want to make sure I do it right. I may look to tanis heaters down the road (if I have to). All help appreciated.

Mike Macey
N222AV

Comments

• Mike, my Seneca III has had Tanis since new, which I use with engine covers from now on when I travel. We are based in eastern Canada, so engine heat is a necessity. The Tanis are excellent because they heat the cylinders, we well as the top and bottom of the engine.
    Good luck with the III, it is an excellent cross country machine, and very comfortable for two couples with bags.
    All the best,
    David
    Seneca C-FJMM
  • Thanks for the input. I know TANIS is a great system, but I wasn't sure I wanted to make that kind of investment at this point. I'm going to check in with the A&P at my field to see what they would charge for it. It is certainly worth looking into.