LAMINAR fLOW fANCY pANTS

I see they have a special going for the mains and nose for $1275.00. Anyone have any experoience with them. Do the speed claims have any truth.

thanks

11J

Comments

• Ordered the Pantyies and Flat Gap seals will post when they are installed
  • I have the mains and nose pants installed on my Cherokee 6. I did notice a speed improvement - I think it was of the order of 7-10 mph - I can't remember, I got them installed back in Jan 2003 (wow 10 years flies fast).

Some points - the nose gear cuff does interfere with the tow bar lugs - so you may have to modify the stock tow bar to hook on around it.
    My main pants (S/N 1) were originally bolted at the rear on the strut portion. This caused cracking - Robin repaired them and modified them to use a folded piece of aluminum to allow movement. Alas, over time, this would just pop open - so I ended up attaching an aluminum tab to the rear of the strut cover, and bolting that together (which seems to work well).

You can see my Six on www.speedpants.com - my plane is the white Six with the Red/Black/Gold stripes (two photos on the website).

Andy