PA32 Main Fixed gear Schrader Valve seal

I am wondering what you guys know as I have a 1969 PA32 300 and had to replace the seals on the Schrader valve Assy's for the main gear. The parts manual calls for a 5/8 " aluminum crush washer but there was an o ring installed and the top of the gear casing has a concave groove where the Shrader Valve Assy seal s installed. The O ring is clearly required and works fine but the parts manual says something else. Anyone else with this system or do I have a different gear that was installed on the aircraft?? Thanks in advance!!
Tim

Comments

• I replaced all the shrader valves on my Warrior. There was a metal crush washer that goes underneath the valve but I do not recall any O-rings. My service manual specified specific torques for the valves. You should probably need to replace the crush washer if you have removed the valve
  • The crush washer would only have about 1/16th of an inch (outer portion) to seal with due to the concave area where the Oring fits. It wouldn't seal with that small of a footprint when torqued. I am wondering if it is an STC Mod or a newer main gear assy. The Oring clearly works well but I can find no references with this type of parts arrangement.