PA28R-180 Winterization Plate Template

I've looked all over the place to try and find a picture and template to build my own.. They want way to much money for this small piece of aluminum and I'd love to just build my own i I could get help from someone who has one. I'm sure many other arrow owners would love that as well.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Shouldn't be hard to make your own. Once you see the area covered I'd start with correct size screws to hold it in place. Then just cut the correct size metal plate. You may want to track down a local pilot where you could look at the piece in person, for fabrication.
  • Next time I get out to the airport I'll take some measurements from mine and make a drawing. Its not that complicated of a part and should be easy enough to fabricate.
  • Thanks for the help.. would be great to see how it fits and what it looks like.
  • I can see that attaching a pdf didn't work quite like I expected. Click on the "text" part of the previous message for a drawing. Don't be too harsh on my drawing skills, I don't usually do mechanical drawings. The measurements I took directly from my part. It looks to be made from 1/32" aluminum sheet. I realize that you're plane is an Arrow and mine is an Archer, but they should be pretty similar. I'll try to attach some pictures below.

mini_2013-02-22-23-07-19-686.jpg
    mini_2013-02-22-18-56-43-486.jpg
    mini_2013-02-22-18-57-00-172.jpg
  • This is a HUGE help to all of us.. Thank you for taking the time to get pictures and build the drawing. I'm going to try and build it today if I get extra time and I'll let you know. It looks to be exactly what I need for the arrow.