Trim trouble

I live in Australia and I have a 1963 Cherokee 180. My problem is that the aircraft flies "nose high" (2650RPM) in level flight with considerable forward pressure on the stick to maintain straight and level flight. Trim is fully forward. Config is one pilot, 35kgs luggage, full tanks. Aircraft has been rigged and trim adjusted as per Piper specs. LAME is scratching his head, Trim adjustment on stabiliser has been taken to max with very little difference each time further down trim is added. Trim tab now sits approx. half inch above tailplane with full down trim applied via trim control in cockpit and tail plane level. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
PS My wrists are starting to hurt!
Many thanks
Bill Gibbons
at billgibbons@optusnet.com.au

Comments

• Hooked up backwards?
  • Hi Bill ... 2650 RPM? Your in climb power at that power setting. The aircraft's gonna want to climb!
    You should be cruising at 2475 max (75% Power)
    Bob Hart APG Eastern Avionics (Previously owned three pipers!)
  • 2650 RPM at std temp and 8k' press alt is 75% power according to my Cherokee 180 operating instructions. This is probably not causing a trim anomoly.
  • I just had my arrow 180 rigged and new barrel baring installed. It sits under the tail cone. I had the same problem, this was the problem ... with the yoke at neutral spin your trim wheel all the way forward. The screw pin should be wresting on the top of the barrel baring. This will solve your problem. You will be able to achieve level flight with trim to spare.