Insurance

We have a 1978 Navajo Chieftan Panther for which our insurance premiums are running $14,000 per year, which seems excessively high. We are both mid time instrument pilots, good training and no incidents. We each also own Bonanza's for which our premiums are considerably more competitive (of course). I don't think our current agent is properly advocating for us with the carriers. Can anyone recommend a good agent with access to good carriers?

Comments

• Call John Harden @877-247-7769. He is in Maryland and will get you a quote by sending out your request to all the insurance underwriters. Mention that Mark (I dont receive anything for the ref) sent ya. I talked with him last week. He is fair and will offer you a competitive quote. :)
  • I'm not expert on different providers. I did look around & compare some & have been with ARMG out of Grand Ledge, MI. I did another eval a year ago & ended up staying with them. The word is they all deal with the same underwriters, in this shrinking market. Maybe you can adjust your coverage some, within your comfort zone, to get the price down a bit.
  • I have been happy with AOPA. Of course I have a common and relatively inexpensive plane.
    MikeL
    '65 180C