Getting my Commercial license

I've started on the process of getting my Commercial license. So far I've just passed my written test using King Schools DVD-based course material. It took my 29 hours and about ten days. Toward the end of this month I start my flight training. Stay tuned!

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• November 17, about four months after starting my commercial training I passed the practical test and am now a freshly minted Commercial multi-engine pilot.  I used the King Commercial written and practical courses (two courses) that were excellent.  I had 30 landings, 15 accelerated stalls, countless 50 degree banked turns, emergency descents at four thousand feet per minute (my instructor said "gee, I smell smoke..."), 15 engine failures at altitude and while shooting gps approaches, short field takeoff's and landings, all in my twin.  I flew at 8am most days and looked at King videos over and over again in the afternoons.  I'm done, I earned it and best of all, I'm a much better pilot.  Thank you to Paul Aydt at Spring City Aviation (my instructor) and Tom Boyer (my DPE).

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Congrats

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• Thanks for your kind words! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Congratulations

• Thanks for all of the kind words. If you're interested in getting your commercial, I wrote two articles on it last year. They're available on our website!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!