My plane is gone...

2»

Comments

• I dismember Norm Crosby!!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• edited November 2019

Okay folks, let's bury this dead horse...Firstly, here is the email I received from the FSDO...

**Mr. Kleemann, per our phone conversation and your request for a written statement concerning using 2 “ numbers on your aircraft the regulation that address this is 14 CFR 45.22 (b), (b)(1).

(b) A small U.S.-registered aircraft built at least 30 years ago or a U.S.-registered aircraft for which an experimental certificate has been issued under §21.191(d) or 21.191(g) for operation as an exhibition aircraft or as an amateur-built aircraft and which has the same external configuration as an aircraft built at least 30 years ago may be operated without displaying marks in accordance with §§45.21 and 45.23 through 45.33 if:
    (1) It displays in accordance with §45.21(c) marks at least 2 inches high on each side of the fuselage or vertical tail surface consisting of the Roman capital letter “N” followed by:
    (i) The U.S. registration number of the aircraft; or
    (ii) The symbol appropriate to the airworthiness certificate of the aircraft (“C”, standard; “R”, restricted; “L”, limited; or “X”, experimental) followed by the U.S. registration number of the aircraft; and

Brent Allen, Aviation Safety Inspector
    Aviation Safety
    AFG-600 Fargo FSDO GL21
    701-492-5800
    701-492-5811 direct
    701-492-5828 fax
    And, an email direct from the FAA registration branch in Oklahoma City...I sent them an email asking for clarification...

**Sir,

The FSDO is correct. It is 2" for antique aircraft.

EA

I love to defy gravity!
    1979 Arrow IV

• I just noticed the Arrow at the top of the page next to the “click to subscribe” doesn’t have any N number! :D

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• In order for spell check to work you at least have to get close to the word you want. Welcome to my world!

• That Arrow is either a drug runner or the FBI's secret air force. :D