Have you been on the Piper web site lately?

Looks like the Arrow is no more... :'(

I love to defy gravity!
1979 Arrow IV

Comments

• With the requirement for complex airplanes gone for commercial checkrides, big schools aren’t buying them any more. New Arrows definitely aren’t being bought by people as personal traveling airplanes the way Bonanzas or Cirruses (Cirri?) are. It is still a bit sad for Arrow production to end. Mine is nice enough now that I’m not worried about wanting to buy a new one, fortunately for me.

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• I doubt any of us would ever buy a new Arrow...Still, a bit sad!

I love to defy gravity!
    1979 Arrow IV

• edited December 2019

Trade-A-Plane and the Arrow gone in the same week? It's just too much to bear. :(

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I liked it better when you typed "bare"... :D

I love to defy gravity!
    1979 Arrow IV

• Ha! Right you are :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I took a tour at the piper factory in vero beach last week and many people asked about the arrow. The sales guy basically said the plane has no demand at the current price point... about 625,000 out the door.
    I was just amazed at the factory itself.... they manufacture 95 percent of the parts and virtually everything is handmade ....the process is incredibly slow and now i really understand why new aircraft are so darn expensive

• I worked in the Cirrus factory for a couple of years....every rib, skin, spar, etc, was hand-made. The engineering that goes into these airplanes is pretty incredible. And it’s not just making the parts, but all the inspections along the way. A wing rib got no fewer than 3 inspections during its production. Although the Cirrus is fiberglass, I am sure there is an equivalent to every sheet metal process for a Piper!

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• I did hear through the grapevine that if someone really wanted a new Arrow, Piper will gladly manufacture one for them...But, it's gone from the catalog.

I love to defy gravity!
    1979 Arrow IV