Automotive Rubber Rudder pedal covers?

So my arrow needs rubber rudder pedal covers on the pilot side. I’ve heard that flight schools have been known to improvise and purchase rubber pedal covers from auto supply shops and simply zip tie them on
for added security if they seem a bit loose.
1. Is this legal?
2. Is this safe?
3. Is this smart?

Opinions please?


  • These aren't going to be legal parts, unfortunately. Try a boneyard like Wentworth, they should have them.

    Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

    Need help? Let me know!

  • The rubber rudder pedal covers used on Pipers are a Harley-Davidson part. They are used on the rear brake pedal on a bagger.
    The H-D part number is 42416-83.

    I love to defy gravity!
    1979 Arrow IV

Sign In or Register to comment.