Quick Basic Face Mask

Hi everyone,
I heard on the news that one store had a separate line because of the Zombie Apocalypse for those with face coverings and a slower one for those without - can't remember where. Well, I got to thinking about how to make a quick mask and this method seems to work pretty well.
I took an old short sleeve t-shirt and cut off the sleeve inboard of the stitched shoulder seam all around. It should pull over your face pretty good with the shoulder seam at the top and the sewn smaller part fitting under your chin. Take a pencil and then make a line just aft of the ear canal. Take it back off and then fold so it is symmetrical with the bottom seam of the t-shirt sleeve in the back. Make a perpendicular slit through both sides of the sleeve at the ear mark. The top of the slit should be at the top seam but not cutting through it. Make is fairly long, you don't want to end up with your ears being pulled forward. There are ways to fancy it up, but this way all the seams are preserved and should not ravel apart. Plus, I have a gazillion sacrificial t-shirts!
Just thought I would throw it out for your consideration. Ya'll be careful out there, you hear?
Years ago when I was the Engineering Manager at the Test Lab, we would have marked it with our special ID - "Kustom Kluge". Yes, we really did that for on-site made test items! IBM actually gave us a letter recognizing the mark!
Joe

1974 Arrow II
ATP CFII MEI CFIG A&P AGII FCC GROL with Radar Endorsement

Comments

• Thanks Joe! :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!