Online Video Conference for Piper Members May 5, 2020

Hello everyone,
I've been planning our annual Fly-Ins and with the turbulence caused by Covid-19 causing me to be unable to complete the plans, I thought it might be helpful to get some of our forum-active Piper members on ZOOM one evening and talk about it. If we can get some kind of consensus (and Covid ends) I'm hopeful I can move forward. There will be more details before May 5 but put a "save the date" on your calendar. May 5, 9pm EDT.

Thanks for reading and stay healthy!

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• Aside from the fly-in discussion, it would just be fun to see everyone! Will you send an email invite?

• Me too! Keep us posted on date/time (might be good to use UTC).

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200
    Based at KFLY (Colorado Springs, CO)

• Yes, stay tuned! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Count me in. I still don't have my plane (upgrades/refurbishing stalled by COVID-19) but I hoping it'll be done during my lifetime.

Skip Kazmarek
    1976 PA-28-181 Archer II

• Roger that, Skip! :) More details to follow.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• edited May 2020

On Tuesday, May 5th, 9pm EDT, 8pm CDT, 7pm MDT, 6pm PDT we're having a Zoom video conference call to discuss our two planned fly-ins scheduled for September East and October West. Come with ideas and comments in addition to just being online and meeting us face to face.
    Here is the link to use Wednesday night. :)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84146807476

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• edited May 2020

On Tuesday, May 5th, 9pm EDT, 8pm CDT, 7pm MDT, 6pm PDT we're having a Zoom video conference call to discuss our two planned fly-ins scheduled for September East and October West. Come with ideas and comments in addition to just being online and meeting us face to face.
    Here is the link to use Wednesday night. :)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82167263030

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks so much to everyone that attended last night's first video meeting. I had a great time with all of you and we accomplished a lot for our fly ins in the fall. Stay tuned, more to come!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Way cool! Thanks a lot, Scott, for hosting the "ZOOM" gathering.

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200
    Based at KFLY (Colorado Springs, CO)

• Sorry I missed the meeting. We did an online order to a local restaurant for some Cinco de Mayo take out food. The order was to be ready in about 30 minutes. We got to the restaurant and my wife went in to pick it up. Twenty minutes later she comes back and tells me they say it will be another twenty minutes. WE wait that time and then both go in. We get back in line and finally make to the front where we are told that the order is waiting on (corn) chips. We stand there another thirty minutes and I finally have had enough. I grab one of the employees (figuratively) and explain that we have been there an hour and a half that our order is sitting in the bag on the floor waiting on "chips" that in the last thirty minutes eight other bags with no one standing there waiting have had chips placed in the take out bags and that things need to change immediately. We go back to the truck and there are so many cars improperly parked that I have to do the backup pull forward while turning six times just to get out of the parking stall. Finally we get home a little after 7 p.m. to eat our now cold Mexican food.

• Sorry about the food order. I ordered online at Subway last week and got someone elses sandwich, lol. Oh well!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!