Talk about excellent timing!!!

This past Monday, I moved our Arrow from Bismarck airport across the Missouri river to Mandan airport into a private T-hangar. Thursday evening at 7:30 P:M, an 18 yr. old twat high on meth, driving a brand new car, ran through the chain link fence around Bismarck airport, drove down a taxiway, and ran through the north end of the common hangar where our Arrow used to be. She hit and totalled a Cessna 402 twin, and it was parked right where our Arrow used to get parked in the hangar. Needless to say, she's in deep $hit!

Here's a news story about it. https://www.kfyrtv.com/2020/11/05/woman-crashes-into-hangar-door-aircraft-at-bismarck-airport/

I love to defy gravity!
1979 Arrow IV

Comments

• Wow, you are one lucky SOB! Go right out and buy a lottery ticket! And buy the guy with the 402 a couple of drinks.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Perfect timing is right! She must have been really hauling. Glad your bird is safe, sorry to hear about the 402.

I had a similar incident 10 yrs ago. I had just finished a 19 month total rebuild of my plane and had literally put only 1 hour on it to break in the engine and shake out the bugs. It was parked on the ramp ready to fly home the next day. I heard bad storms were approaching and asked to have my plane moved into a hangar. That may have been the smartest thing I've ever done. A microburst hit the airport that night completely destroying a few planes on the ramp, and damaging numerous others. My plane would have been right in the mix.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• What's the difference between the microburst and the 18 year old? The microburst is more responsible...

Last Summer we returned from a trip, and while tugging the plane, left our car outside the hangar with the motor running. My wife thought we should shut it off and lock it. My response: "Look around you at the hundreds of cameras, the iron gates, the 12 foot tall fences, the Massport and TSA police, and the state troopers with automatic weapons. This place is harder to break into than Fort Knox."

The next morning the local news ran a story of a 15 year old who somehow broke into our airport, stole a state trooper's vehicle, and was joy riding up and down one of the main runways at 5:00 in the morning. My wife turned to me and said, "so what were you saying about the security at our airport?"

D'OH!

• “Truth is stranger than fiction.” Enjoy your new hangar!