Hello from KDXR, Danbury, CT

Well, the airplane lives there anyway. This November my new to me, PA28-140/160 got out of annual jail after being pencil whipped for 30 or more years. I bought her July 31st and after a very long (3.5 months) and expensive annual, I’m finally getting to know her. Paint and interior are in nice shape. Still needs a modern panel but I’m happy to say the Stec 30 works great and my new cylinder, magneto, trim tabs, nosebowl, carburetor, brakes, tires, wire harness, jack screw, throttle cable, you name it are all working magnificently. The annual was just shy of buying the airplane, again. Oh and we did a pre-buy. My A&P who owns a 140/160 was constantly shocked and said everything he touched needed to be fixed.

Anyway now I’m just happy to fly her for awhile. Although I can’t wait to do some panel upgrades ;)

Cheers!
Michael

Comments

• And now that she's paid for, you can have tremendous fun and buy copious quantities of thousand dollar hamburgers :) Is there anything I can do for you? When it comes time for avionics, don't forget we have Bob Hart right here on the forums!

Happy holidays!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Michael; as you've probably read on other posts in the forum, we've all been there. My first annual (after a pre-purchase inspection), required a ton of money in repairs as well. For me, it's about the safety of me and my passengers. You can't put a price on that.

Adding to Scott's comment, regardless of the money, it's a great feeling to have confidence in your airplane and know it's working properly. Enjoy it! 👍

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Hi Michael,

seeing how you still have your sense of humor after the dreaded "freshman annual," it sounds like you'll be hooked for life. Looking forward to more of your posts as you update the panel.

Bob T.
    Worcester MA