Air Ducts and any other suggestions

Hello everyone, new member and soaking up as much information as I can!
Getting ready to restore my 1973 Cherokee 140, my first of many questions to come is:

The metal floor air duct between the seats... I need both sides. Anyone know where I can get them? I have been combing the internet and must me asking the wrong question.

Second question is seatbelts, who? Where? Need new ones with the reels up front.

Thank you

Comments

• edited January 2021
    CharliePiper;
    First of all, Welcome to the group!

Air ducts - try airplane salvage yards like Wentworth or Texas Air Salvage.

Belts - here are a couple vendors that have been highly rated in this group.

BASINC-AEROMOD.COM
    ABI
    Alpha Aviation

Some of these (like ABI) can be purchased through Aircraft Spruce. I highly recommend that you purchase the entire assembly including new inertia reels.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Thank you so much Griff I will get on that this morning

• edited January 2021
    PS - Ask any question you want on this forum. There's a weath of information here, and chances are someone else has already been through the problem you're facing. Also, search the archives on this forum. Every topic ever asked will be available for you to read.

Finally, make sure to post pics of your project and your progress. We love pics!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• There is a wealth of information! I have enjoyed it! Been scrolling the archives and have found answers to many of my questions.

Just moved it into the hanger yesterday, ordering the Airtex Monday, will be putting (hopefully) carpet in and if I have time the headliner before it goes to avionics the end of April for the 530W and Kx155

Thinking about autopilot but not sure if I want or can bite that bill this time around, but still have not got a price yet.

• When I get started I will certainly post pics

• I just used ABI on seatbelts for my Arrow last month. Front seats, back seats and baggage area. They did mine in blue and they're available in many colors. Their contact information is; https://aircraftbelts.com/
    They are a sponsor of our association and A+. Give them a call.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Just sent them an email, looking forward to getting this going. Thank you both!

• Just get new webbing for your existing seatbelts. The vendor that I used replaced all the defective parts.

• Seat belts and air ducts taken care of, started the tear out today... forget the obvious mess I do have a couple questions.
    The plywood for the back seat, take it out? Leave it in? Assume take it out to recover but what about the vents on either side, replace or forget about?

Drill these out? (Yes I know I need to but just verifying) I have one that is broke on one end, where do I get them? (the pieces riveted holding the headliner)

Also the rear of the cabin where the hat shelf is, suggestions on removing it?

• Hi, I just replaced my side vents like those in your picture from Knots2U.com. And a piece of carpeting goes over the floor board. Make sure you keep the metal sheet from the floor board.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!