Hey all! After starting this journey in 1981 and having to quit it shortly after, I finally decided to finish getting my license. Loving every minute of having my own plane. 1965 180

Comments

• Welcome Greg! Nice airplane, and congrats on finishing your license!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Nice plane, Greg! May you have many wonderful years flying it! :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Welcome!

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Welcome Greg and congrats! I have the same airplane but 1966! In fact, it had the same paint and interior. It is a great platform if properly maintained and upgrades well. Don’t have to do everything all at once. Mine has evolved over the past 35 years!

Don’t put off maintenance if you can help it. It will cost you more in the long run. It may take awhile to find a shop you can work with and meets your needs.

There is an AD to check for wing spar corrosion so if not already done, it will need to be checked next annual. Mine is coming up this month.

Regards,

Mike

• Taking it in for the annual next week, already have the spar inspection set up too. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get an ipad air 10.5 mounted without taking up too much room?
  • I have a yoke mount for my mini and that's pretty big. I can't imagine mounting the 10.5 inch screen. I'm hoping someone else has done it and will show us.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I had a mini and yoke mount that came with the plane but was not happy with the screen size at all
  • OK, thanks :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• greg925, I was curious about the arrangement of the six-pack instruments. Any plans to rearrange them to their standard positions? That was one of the first things I did with my 1966 Cherokee.
  • Nah, they feel like they are in good logical position for me but may look at moving the transponder and get it out from behind the right yoke
  • Thank you
  • Both my wife and I are PPL ASEL. We fly with an iPad mini on left seat and an iPad Pro 11” on right seat in our 236. Works pretty good for us. Our biggest issue is who gets to be PIC 😜

Art Schmidt
    1980 Piper Dakota
    Great Falls, MT

• Outstanding! What kind of mount do you use for the pro 11”? I am using the ipad air 10.5.