Piper Arrow Nose Tire Inner Tube Type

I have a 1967 Arrow and the annual is coming up next month.

I would like to install a new nose wheel tire and have ordered a Goodyear 5.00-5 tire (same as what's currently installed). Thing is that I'm unsure about what model of inner tube is used on the Arrows! Aircraft Spruce offers an Goodyear MFR Model# 302-013-400 tube but it looks like the stem is bent 90 deg. I can make out on the stem of the existing tube is a TR 67 but I'm unable to see any additional info. unless I remove the tire and disassemble it. The stem is bent to clear the gear casting but it is nothing near 90 deg. Any insightful guidance would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited April 2021

A TR67 is a long stem with a 90 degree bend. A TR87 is a short stem with 90 degree bend.

I love to defy gravity!
    1979 Arrow IV

• As it turns out, the TR67 tube (90 deg. valve bend) for the nose wheel is the correct type. Thing is that I was confused, as the current tire installation tube was bent somewhat. As it turns out, someone reversed the tire position in the past, where the stem faced the left and it beat against the nose casting until it bent ~ 15 deg. to clear the casting. So the lesson learned here is to always reinstall the front tire with the tube valve pointing right!