Koenig Spray Polish to clean/polish airplanes?

A vendor at Air Adventure this year was selling Koenig Spray Polish to clean and polish airplanes. Has anyone tried it? Any recommendations / concerns with it?

Thanks!

Comments

• The vendor supplied me with a free can 2 years ago which I have in my hangar. It seems to work well enough. That's all I can tell you... sorry I don't have more info.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• In your experience has it made it easier to remove dead bugs or prevent political promises from staining your plane?

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• My recommendation is to deep clean, buff and apply a creamic coat to the paint. You won't regret it, and it will last a good 3 yrs.

Previously, I had to use a bug sponge, a bucket of soapy water and elbow grease to clean off the bugs. Now (after ceramic coating my plane), I dampen a microfiber towel and wipe. That's it.

Maybe we should ceramic coat our politicians. Then we could wipe off their BS...err promises, and see what's really underneath.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• I used it again today to clean the bugs off of my leading edges. The spray foams up nicely and I got all of the bugs off (lots of them) in less than 15 minutes. Very good product.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I like covering the politicians over their heads in molten ceramic. It will keep them cleaner.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• I have used Griot’s Garage ceramic after compound and it seems great. I use the ceramic detailer to clean off the bugs. Works well!
    TMcC
  • edited December 2021
    I can recommend John’s 360 Avenger ceramic coating and Johns 360 prep materials. Picked up the kit at Airventure after watching a demo and speaking with the owner. After following directions, here is the result! The airplane was last painted in 1986!
  • Paint looks great! Thanks for the comments and recommendations.

Allan