Canopy covers

Looked thru the magazines and forum section but can't find any items regarding canopy covers.

I have a 1966 PA-28-180. Hangered when at home but would like a cover when travelling.

Any thoughts - good and bad - on the products that are on the market?

Comments

• I have used Bruce's covers in the past. https://aircraftcovers.com/

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• I have used Bruce's covers on two planes, a Seneca and my Arrow. I did write an article about it a few years back. At any rate, Bruce's makes very high quality products. I recommend them highly.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks to you both. I'll go back and look for your article again, Scott.

• I've had Kennon and Bruce covers. Both worked well. Then I found this little gem of a company named Mac's airplane covers. www.airplane-covers.com.

After comparing covers, I found these to be excellent quality, durable, and long lasting. A big bonus is the covers are priced about 1/2 of the other vendors. For example, their PA28 canopy covers start at $294.94, and the people are a pleasure to work with. When I called, I asked why their covers were so inexpensive compared to others (they use the same materials). Their response was "Airplanes are already expensive. The owner didn't feel the need to gouge anyone." I've had mine for 12 years or so and love it.
    www.airplane-covers.com.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Thanks Griff, good to know.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Plus one for Bruce’s covers. I just received my first ever cover from them. Excited I tossed it over the aircraft and to my “horror,” the temperature probe looked like it was on the wrong side of the cockpit! After all that measuring. A quick phone call to them solved the problem….”turn it 90 degrees.” :o:#

• Thanks to all. Really appreciate the help.

• Hey Mike! Thanks for the update, we have much in common. I did the same thing, lol. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Another vote for Bruce’s! Have their light-weight canopy cover for my husband’s P46T, and a heavier canopy cover for my Arrow. Both covers are well made and are extremely durable, Bruce’s stands by their products completely.

• I've have limited experience as I've only owned one PA28, but I have been very pleased with Mac's Airplane Covers. I purchased the Sunbrella version in 2014 and it has held up excellent. I fly roughly 150 hours a year for in the midwest and use it on all overnight stays. PA28 is hangered at home field, so not used 24/7.

https://www.airplane-covers.com/Piper PA 28 windshieldcovers.htm