PA-34 Seneca III Insurance Question

Hi All!
Quick question…
And I guess I’m just looking for like a kinda generic “thumbs up 👍 or thumbs down 👎” answer to my question, to protect the innocent…
So I’m renewing my Seneca’s insurance for the first time and it’s going up $1000 from last year.
I knew she was going to be a fairly expensive girlfriend when I bought her, and I thought I had found a reasonable policy through a good broker.
Hull is at $200,000.
It’s a “standard” policy for up here in Ohio, she’s hangered, I’m a 66 year old retired 32,000+ Total Time guy with an ATP, Typed in Boeing’s, no violations or DUI’s but only about 80 hours now in Make and Model (COVID kept me in the Pattern most nice days).
My first policy, last year, was around $3000.
Does all this sound about right to you guys??
If so, I’ll just suck it up and eat Dog Food for awhile….if not any thoughts??
Thanks!
Best Regards,
George
N8434M
KLPR

Comments

• George, you're in the ballpark. For a Commercial, with only a few thousand hours, I'm seeing about $1800 per 100K of hull. I'm surprised your total time doesn't bring it down more. It would be worth checking with a few different underwriters, if you haven't already. Bob

• Thanks Bob!
    OK!
    That’s kinda what I thought…
    The Broker I spoke with mentioned Rate Increases all along the line when it came to GA Airplane Insurance, so your numbers you mention are now in line to what I’ll be paying this year.
    Thanks again for taking the time to help!
    Stay Safe, Fly Fun!
    Best Regards,
    George
    N8434M
    KLPR