Thinking of going to Idaho

Been wanting to take my Arrow to 3U2, Johnson Creek, Idaho. I know it is grass, I have seen several other retractable there.
Is an Arrow with a 2 blade prop going to be safe? I know it has a small nose wheel so it will retract. I think us 2 cowboys will fit right in but I think we will have to stay a 3U2.
We have 9 months to get my plane through annual and you to talk me out of itjn

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

Comments

• I think it is generally considered one of the more approachable back country strips but I don't have direct experience
    Here is a decent video:

Here is an Arrow landing there:

Here is an RV-10

All sorts of planes have landed there.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Thx for the videos @empannin.
    My worry is with the Arrow, I know the front wheel is smaller than on other PA-28’s to get it tucked up inside and I like to be noticed when I go places so I have the 2 blade prop. Best for noise and best for sucking pebbles and in my case rocks up from the ground because of close proximity or tight ground clearance and flinging the rock at great speed at expensive toys. I don’t want to be that guy.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• The good news on a 2-blade prop is you can slip a spare behind the seats. ;)
    I am not sure on the arrow ground clearance but from the 2nd video I posted it looks doable.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)