Retired Rookie...student pilot, 1st time plane owner...73 PA28-180 Challenger

Hello all. I'm a recently retired student pilot. Dreamed of flying all my life and wish I would've chased the dream sooner. A lot to learn about owning an airplane on top of learning to fly. I'll ask your forgiveness now for all the questions I will soon be asking. Hangared at KAAO.

Comments

• My '73 Challenger

• Aircraft ownership is challenging, to say the least. Here's a webinar that I did that may help you with that! https://piperowner.org/webinar-what-every-arrow-owner-needs-to-know-by-scott-sherer/

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Nice hanger too. You are surrounded by high wings in Wichita. Watch out for all the fueling ladders ;)

You have picked a great plane to learn as well as keep and enjoy. Having your own plane for flying is the best way to learn. As you enter the cross country phase I would highly recommend going on a multi state tour with your instructor over a couple days.

Too many student pilots spend their entire instruction flying to and from the same handful of airports. This is because the rental planes only really make money in the air - but you own yours.

It is a huge confidence builder to expand your horizons early and realize you can apply the same skills you have learned to brand new airports.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)