Nervousness is setting in

My new to me 50 year old Piper Arrow has been undergoing a month long resuscitation aka annual and is more near to being done than dead, I hope.
But I have a bigger issue, the FAA. Yes THAT 3 letter abbreviation. You see the former owner allowed the N-Number to expire. He also has not sent in the signed registration/de-registration form.
I sent in my paper and the broker sent in a letter stating I am the legal owner. The only thing I can see on the FAA web page is the Collateral Agreement and I can’t see the page just what they say it is. I was told all paper will be visible online and I will be able to see it but all I can see on line is that 1 page.
My day in court in November 26, I fear my paper may not all be together and I will be put in the penalty box, forever.
My N-Number is N15665 if any of all’y’all know how to read FAA.
Any of y’all work for the FAA and make this go smoothly? I think I am going to need help.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

Comments

• I would suggest contacting a title agency for aircraft. They will not provide title insurance at this point but they are well versed in complex title situations and I am sure they have seen a situation like yours before and found a way to solve it.

I have used AIC Title for a number of transactions: https://www.aictitle.com/index.html

Eric

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Thank you.

• Excellent advice, Eric. I agree totally.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• The computer says my “Court” date is Friday, do you think they will really get to me on the Friday after Thanksgiving?

• I purchased an aircraft in August of ‘21. My registration showed no action at all on the FAA website before it was changed over to my name. There was never a pending, sold, or any other status displayed. It was registered to the seller one day and me the next. The process took 88 days. I thought something must be wrong as well and planned to call at the 90 day mark. Good luck.

• My day came and went with nothing. I am hopping no one looked at it on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
    Next week maybe my plane can fly legally.
    Will anyone notice if it flys with a bad N number?

• ho ho ho, I don't think so! (my apologies to John Travolta)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I see they are still stuck in August. Maybe tomorrow or the next week. September 2, I am gunna get my day…hopefully.

• Still nothing. This being grounded is getting old.
    Maybe Monday?

• I own it.
    I got a call the other day from the FAA, did not expect it to go so well. They did not mind the missing documents nor did I screw any paperwork up. The computer did not like my city/zip combo. I live out in the sticks in an old township but our post office is in the big city, 15,000 folks live there. The post office wants us to use our township name to help the sort the mail, most of the roads exist in the township and the city by the same name.
    I never expected it to be that easy, I was expecting anything but that.

• So you're done? :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Resq5hvy, Christmas has come early. sounds like you are done! Did you have to draw them a map?

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Yep, done…except for 20 years of deferred MX. My annual is near $30,000 and he still has it till around the first of the year. Yes thirty thousand US dollars. Then it needs new instruments and interior.

• And you will have an awesome machine that you will love forever. No worries, I've been there several times.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• My kids are excited. No long just flying video games.
    I think a lot of farm inspection is going to be done this spring. One of the kids is a farmer, he can tell what the soil needs by looking at it from above. His lesson will start out with a crop survey. He is son in law material.