Cowl Latches

Hi, Where can I find replacement cowl latches for my PA28-140? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hi Bart,
    Do you have a part number? It will be much easier to find with one.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• No I don't but I will hit my A&P up today for the information. During the current annual I had asked him to replace all four latches and yesterday he informed me all he could find was $195 each. He suggested I check the forums to see if anyone has a better lead on price.

• Have you tried the boneyards like Wentworth? Also, you should get yourself a parts manual if you don't have one. You can get one here: www.eflightmanuals.com

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• edited December 2021

The cowling latches for my PA-28-161 were made by SouthCo. You can get individual parts for these from HiTech Fasteners who is a dealer for SouthCo. Look up the Piper part number first before contacting them. I had all my parts replaced with stainless steel before I had my plane painted. Their prices were reasonable and they know their products well. https://www.htfinc.com/

• I lost one. I mentioned it to my mechanic. He pulled a new one out of his special box. It couldn't have been too expensive. He just said, here you go...