Advice and suggestions

Hello everyone,
I found a Piper Saratoga that I made an offer on that was likely a secondary offer. It was on a 1999 Piper Saratoga II HP with 1525 SNEW (TT 1525) Prop 200 SNEW. No damage history. So I moved on. I found a 1981 Saratoga T with 3318h and 840 SMOH on engine. Clean, no damage. Was scheduling a pre-buy and was then contacted by the 1999 owners and said they accepted my offer. Both have nice interiors. Avionics a little better in 1995. Not considering difference in price, how would y’all proceed considering both pass a pre-buy, etc. I understand this can be deeply personal but doing research and looking at upsides and down sides.

Comments

• It is likely the 81 Saratoga has more time until overhaul. Why is there a new prop on the Saratoga II?

I would also consider what modifications you would want to do to avionics and airframe/interior to either considering the price and long lead times.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Overhauled prop based on years (6y SNEW) according to logs.

The avionics upgrades are definitely on list. The 1981 price leaves more room for that sooner then the newer model.
  • We are just spitting in the wind sir. Kinda like asking which girl is prettier to a blind man. Do you have links to info on both planes?

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.