Pa32-260 Temps and Power

I am flying a PA32-260 with a EI CRP 30P Combo engine analyzer
Standard temp I am seeing 28” MP and 2650 RPM at full power in take off is that acceptable ? and my carb temp is under 38 degrees my CHTs are showing high 200 at LOP any suggestions

Comments

• Hi,
    In climb out you should see 2700 rpm. I would first have someone check your rpm gauge and then check your governor as you are a little under the 2700 rpm value. What is the MP with the engine off? Even full throttle most systems have a drop in MP due to restrictions in the induction system. If it is different than previous check the filter/inlets but it does not seem unusual to me.

A max CHT of 200 degrees even LOP is unusual. Either you would be way LOP or there is something else going on. Most Continental systems settle out around 380F when set up correctly and Lycoming is ~ 400F. Is it possible your screen is showing you in Celsius? 200 Celsius is 392F and this would be fairly typical. [I checked the 30P install manual and it does not look like it is possible to set Celsius vs Fahrenheit. If it has done this since install it might be a probe calibration issue. Should not be running that cold for CHT's]

I would be happy to review your engine logs if you message them.

EGT's should be around 1200-1300F on take off with fuel flow consistent with full power.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Can you give me an email address to send the graphs to

• sent (via a message)

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)