I have wanted to own a Piper since I was a teenager. Yesterday I bought this Warrior.

She is a 1974 Warrior PA-28-151 1200 hours on the engine. Garmin 430. Not the prettiest paint job, but I think she will clean up nicely. She has been a Hanger queen for the last few years but was in annual and flyable. Picked her up near Peoria, IL yesterday and flew her to my home base, KSRB. Found a laundry list of squawks, which is not surprising. However she made the trip with no major issues and I am hopeful that none of her issues are major.

Comments

• Runnerone; congrats on your new plane! She's a beauty!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Runnerone...congrats on getting a Warrior...great looking bird...enjoy your new freedom.

• You did well! When you have issues, come here with them. We have loads of experience here. Congrats!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Planes that have sat awhile usually have some level of rust in the cylinders. I would do a more frequent oil/filter change until it cleans up. The impact of rust is largely higher oil consumption and dirty oil from extra blowby vs any safety issue.

The best thing you can do is to fly it ;)

Congrats, Welcome and have a great time flying!

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Great aircraft congratulations! It is a sweet handling design.

• Congrats!

• Congrats on your new baby.

• really cool colors, welcome.

Digital Product Manager
    Piper Owner Society

• Keep the pointy end forward and the dirty side down. Enjoy the pride of ownership and the view out the window! There is a Piper Owners webinar coming in the near future for new owners such as yourself. Stay tuned!

Regards,

Mike

• Welcome to the habit.

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• Congrats on your plane!

I bought my first plane (Piper Dakota) almost two years ago. I have done a lot of upgrades to her but she had a factory reman engine (from Triad Aviation) with about 20 hours on her (I had to finish the break-in) and an overhauled prop with a working air conditioner.

It was a great place to start! I have had fun doing the upgrades and finally have her down to ZERO squawks.

Regards,

Robert Alexander

1979 PA-28-236 (Piper Dakota)