Mac compatible flight sim?

All, short of going to a simulator convention has anyone managed to cobble together a viable Mac-compatible simulator or is it best to convert to PC X-Plane for a Piper? Also, any suggestions on similar yoke, rudder, and throttle controllers? Naturally, want to replicate my PA-28 180 configuration as close as possible...

Comments

• X-Plane works on Mac, so as long as your hardware can run it, no need to go PC way.

If you are new to flight simming, I recommend this course https://pilotworkshop.com/products/getting-started-with-simulation It has advice on choosing hardware, setting up your sim, exercises you can do, and many other things. It is not cheap, but it will save you a lot of frustration.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Karol Zadora
    PA28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
    Seattle Area

• Very helpful - thanks!
  • I set up a simulator about a year ago, to practice ME emergency procedures. I already had a CH yoke, pedals, and throttles quadrant. But in the couple of years I had been out of simulation, all the major simulators - MS, XPlane and Prepared - had upscaled their requirements for memory and GPU. So I added an Alienware box that was on closeout at the Microcenter next to MIT.

Karol was a big help figuring this all out, and I highly-recommend the "pilotworkshop," course.

Let us know how it works out.

Bob

• There are lots of 3rd party Piper aircraft available for X-Plane. I have Alabeo's Seminole. There are Archers, Arrows, Commanches, you name it! See the X-Plane.org online store.