Yoke wrap

Good evening,

My yoke's are in need of a rewrap. Does anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive way to rewrap the yoke.

thanks,

Paula

Comments

• I have wrapped mine with tennis racket grip wrap. You can buy the stuff on eBay in just about any color you'd like for about a dollar a roll. You'll need two rolls on each ram's horn yoke.

Start at the top and wrap around, overlapping and pulling tightly as you go. It will form nicely over the corner. A couple of drops of super glue on the final wrap and it's on. It will last about two or three years before it starts to deteriorate.

For four bucks it provides a very comfortable and good-looking treatment for yokes that have lost their lustre.

VFRs,

• edited April 2022

Here's a picture of my yoke with the tennis racket wrap.

VFRs,

• Did the wrap have sticky back or did you just wrap and super glue the ends

• Anyone considered doing the Plas-Dip approach? I just can’t gulp down how the wrapped yokes look.

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• Cowboy:

There's no adhesive on the wrap, which is good, as you'll want practice getting it wrapped the way you like it. Just a few drops of super glue on the wrap at the end is all you need. No glue on the yoke itself.

This is similar to the wrap I used.

VFRs,

• I am thinking of using elk hide that is used to wrap saddle horns for my yoke wraps. The elk hide keeps the rope so it will not slid on the saddle leather after I dally it tight.

In aviation English, I am going to use elk leather that is cut in a strip about 1.5-2 wide. The leather is used by persons who enslave horses and said person sits atop the horse on a very cruel seat. The seat has a protrusion that most commonly is seen holding a rope. The elk leather is wrapped around this protrusion and when one of the other enslaved animal is heinously is roped the rope near the humans hands is quickly wrapped around the protrusion. The rope bites into the leather preventing the enslaved animal from escaping as the rope is pulled tight.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.

• Team roping is the proper team and call the wrapping on the rope around the saddle horn a dally

• I hate autocorrect

• Thank you for your feedback.

Paula

• I am right there with you. Otto Correct is an idiot.

I was doing this on my horse of years ago. We helped the calf to guys with knives and hot steel. I dallied to drag.

I went looking for leather. They now sell dally wraps. I am not sure if it will work or not. It feels like a black gummy bear.

I went down to work on the plane today and forgot 50% of my project. Good thing I found something to do, I lost my glasses, (I took them off so I could clean the windows) I put them on the wing tip. The glass is clean as are my glasses. They are likely lost again but they are clean.

I will update how the wrap goes. My friend is going to take the Arrow tomorrow to go play. It will have to wait till another spring snow fall here in Columbus, Ohio and I need to find a reason to run away from home.

1973 Arrow II factory AC removed

G5’S, G275, GNX375 Still can get lost.