Hello From Bakersfield CA! Cherokee 180 N9577J

Hello fellow Piper fans!

I wanted to introduce myself and our beautiful 180C that we call "Betty Jean". I named her in honor of my mother. My wife and I have owned her just over a year and have flown over 150 hours. We feel lucky to have found this beautiful aircraft. I feel fortunate to have a wife that loves flying and planning flights. She is proficient in Foreflight and is the best flying partner. 77J has about 3500 TT and a factory reman A4A with about 400 hrs. It runs like a top. Paint is 20 years old and shines like new. Equipped with a GNS 430W, S-Tec 30-2 w/ AH, JPI 700, and just about all available speed mods. A solid aircraft indeed, and flies like she is on rails. I flight plan for 150 mph, and 10 gph.

While there are a few things I want to upgrade like a new com panel and transponder, I will most likely just enjoy it for a few years until something faster comes along. Clear skies and safe flying,

Dennis

Comments

• Nice job, Dennis! Your mom would be proud :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Dennis B;

Welcome to the group!

Your plane is beautiful!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Welcome! Having a partner interested in all aspects of flying is fantastic. My family likes going places but not as interested in the how. The easiest ADSB solution for your transponder is to send the 330 out for upgrade to ADSB out. Then you connect it to the 430W and maybe add the updated cable and antenna.

You can connect a Stratus II or III to foreflight for ADS-B in.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• edited July 2022

Congratulations all the way around! Absolutely nothing better than a solid aircraft backed by a willing and capable partner!

That cockpit brings back good memories 😊

• Thank you everyone.

My current TXpnder is a 327 so not upgradable. I use a Uavionics tailbeacon for the out solution, and a Stratus II for in. I don't really love the tailbeacon as I have frequent shodowing of my aircraft, and an occasional delay in picking up my flight on flightaware. Both of which I have addressed with Uavionics. In addition it is a pain to charge and maintain battery power on the stratus for longer trips. I think a GTX345 may be in my future.

Dennis

• Beautiful Cherokee 180C! A great airplane! I have been flying mine for over 35 years! Take good care of it and it will provide years of fun and adventure.

Regards,

Mike