N769TT 75’ Piper Seneca II

Just bought this Piper Seneca a few weeks back, switched from my 64’ Beech Debonair. I do miss flying the Deb, but being able to hold 5-7 people is really nice!

Comments

• Looks fantastic! Welcome! With 5-7 people I assume you have it in the config with all seats facing forward?

Does anyone ever take out the middle row left seat for better access? I have a Seneca III in a club configuration (6 seats total but I have the aft two removed at the moment)

The Seneca series has great all around performance and utility. The ability to load baggage in the nose is very important for enabling a wide range of useful loads.

Any thoughts on the transition so far? Any surprises? Everyone makes a big deal about the fixed waste gates and having to advance the throttle partially but I think this is a very fast transition in operating procedures.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Akbushpilot;

Welcome!

Wow, that's a beautiful bird!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Gorgeous!

I'm jealous

• Awesome. :) 5 - 7 little people, lol. 4 to 5 adults with any kind of useful range. I have 30 years in Seneca's 2's and 3's. I miss mine greatly but I don't miss the bills. And putting 160 gallons in my Seneca is now what? $1,200 give or take for a tank? Wowzers :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I havent had anything that surprised me yet, I have a chunk of time in my past flying Seneca's. But down in this florida heat just have to bring it to about 32" wait til they spool and keep em' around 35". but having a JPI790 helps with keeping track of the temps and such! (have a few hours flying around HIO, love it out there)

• I just did Clearwater to Savannah with 5 full size adults, and some luggage with about 42gal a side, no issues at all. Climbed up to 12k and pulled it back. Honestly I could go just about anywhere I need from the Tampa Area (keys, bahamas, etc.) with 5-6 adults and enough gas. Any further flights than that it wouldnt be as many people. But yes, I find myself being wayyyy more conscience of what airports have cheaper gas haha!

• Great plane. Post some pics once in a while. :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!