Paint shop

Hey all,

We all have those friends who somehow find random deals and shortcuts. I have one buddy who keeps trying to convince me to fly my Seneca from the Tampa Area to Guatemala for a crazy deal on painting my Seneca II. In all honesty it is a pretty great deal for an FAA repair station, my thing is when all said and done $13k plus lets call it $2,500 each way in gas. I'd rather pay the cheapest shop in Florida I've found at $20k and not have to fly it to Central America.....So heres my question for anyone to answer, where can I find a cheap but quality paint shop (within a tank of gas) from Tampa for painting my Seneca. The cheapest ive found so far was $20k with base white and 3 accent's (included the usual corrosion proofing, replacing soft parts, screws. etc).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I'm in coastal Georgia and have been getting quotes for painting my Comanche. At $20k, I really doubt you'll find anything better for your Seneca. You might try Hank Maierhoffer in Sylvania, GA (KJYL), which should be within your range for gas and price. You can contact him at nine-1-two-68-two-nine-3-one-3, or aerobornehank at yahoo dot com

• Thanks! Yea the place I found is about a 15min flight away. So I’m gonna start reaching out to further. I had one shop quote me $40k without corrosion protection. I almost hung up on the right then lol

• edited November 2022

I used Ormand Aircraft Brokers to paint my Archer in October. I would give them a call. They did great work and my Archer was painted for 17500. Located in Ormand Beach FL. 386-672-4022

• Wow, very nice!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!