Hurricane Ian

Hi everyone,

For those of you that live in the path of hurricane Ian, our prayers and thoughts are with you. Be safe and move your planes out of the path of destruction. Wishing all of you good luck and a speedy return to normal.

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• Hard to move a PA32 with no rudder, interior, panel or annual inspection for that matter. I suppose an experimental certificate might be helpful right about now. I suppose we will see !

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• Hey Jeff, where are you located?

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Near Jacksonville Fl.

• OK, thanks for telling us. We collectively wish you a safe and dry night tonight and no damage when the sun comes up tomorrow. Fingers crossed and you're in our prayers.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Just don't try hiding it in the garage at home. I recall a horror story of somebody a decade or so ago in the Jacksonville vicinity trying to restore his GA plane in the driveway, neighbors complained, and code enforcement folks came-down-hard on the aircraft owner. Irony was that some of the neighbors had inoperable vehicles (with no apparent attempt to repair) in their driveways and the local government folks reportedly did *nothing* about that.

Naturally, hope everything turned out well in this case.

• Naw, my “I’ll fix it one day, I promise” project is on blocks inside a large hangar, begging for an AP to finish putting in the G3X and GFC 500. It’s turned into a marathon instead of a sprint. But one day, maybe soon, hopefully, she will take to the sky again.