SARATOGA

edited November 2022 in Training

I am looking for a Saratoga and Instructor in Florida to get my High Performance rating in? Please let me know if anyone knows on an aircraft.

Thank you,

Charles

Comments

• Have to ask: merely looking to fly a Saratoga, or purchase a Saratoga?

If this is simply to fly and get the endorsement, search engines should get some results of either clubs or FBOs.

If it is purchase, (and at the risk of insulting) best paths are to hit the major listing sites (trade-a-plane, controller, etc.). This is a somewhat rare bird, so patience is key, but be ready to strike quickly.

CFI should prove easy enough to find in Florida as airfields are about as common as skeeters.

• They have a Cherokee 6 for rent and plenty of CFIs willing to fly you as much time as you want. I just completed my flight review with them today in fact. And FWIW, a HP endorsement is what you are looking for. It is not a rating, and does not require a checkride. It is honestly a ridiculous requirement.

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• Thank you for the information and I will look into the Cherokee 6 but still would like to see if anyone knows of a Saratoga I can get my endorsement in because I will be flying one about February when it is completed with overhaul.

• A fixed gear PA32 is the same as a fixed gear PA32. A folding gear PA32 is just as equal. A HP endorsement is not model specific. Dont matter if its a Mooney or a Cessna or a Piper or a Bellanca. HP is HP.

If you need a HP endorsement, it doesnt matter what its done in, just like a muli rating. And finding a Toga to rent is going to be a needle in a haystack. You just dont see them in a rental fleet. I suggest you call A Cent. If not, good luck!

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.