1973 Piper Cherokee PA28-140

I bought an airplane after receiving add-on training to my military helicopter rating from my time in the Army. I purchased a 1973 Piper Cherokee after the rental market in my area became too sparse and unreliable. I have flown nearly 50-60 hours since buying it in 2021. I absolutely love it and think that it allows me to continue to pursue a passion that started with me when I was a child. I have met some great private pilots with stories and tales that keeps me coming back for more. I have made some modifications to the plane by installing a Garmin 430W and Dual G5s for situational awareness and reduced pilot workload. In time, I'd like to transition to a more capable airplane with regards to speed and useful load. For now, I am enjoying the transition to airplane flying and the Piper Cherokee allows me to go at a pretty good pace! You can check out a couple of videos that I use to critique my flying and share my experiences with family and other aviation enthusiasts by viewing the link below and subscribing to my channel if you like.

Sincerely,

Timothy Mitchell

https://youtu.be/A04jwY56PT8

Comments

• Timothy;

Welcome to the group!

For starters, thank you for your service to our country. Second, nice plane! Third great job in the cockpit, I enjoyed the video!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Thank you Sir! I think the GoPro, or any recording device, offers a great way to critique my flights. It's easy to think that you did what you briefed however, there is no denying the video truth. I look forward to sharing more as i (we) venture off to different destinations and I welcome any feedback from other professionals like yourself!

Sincerely,

Timothy

• Welcome to the Piper Owners Site. Enjoyed your video. I fly a 1972 PA28-140 Cherokee. Panel looks great.

• Thank you very much! I really like the situational awareness that the Garmin 430W and the Foreflight on the IPAD offers.

• Just checked out your new Utube video.

Enjoyed the experience. Good job.