Stainless Steel Screw Kits

All of these kits are advertised as external screw kits. Do they have also have all the possible screws needed for the interior? Is there such a kit? Thanks

Comments

• There are two screw sizes and they're both available from Airtex Interiors. Get a bag of both sizes.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• A lot of these kits do not have the right kind of screws. Piper recommends that you use the B-type screw which has a blunt point, so ask before you place your order. Interior screws are typically not included. On my Warrior, I have a bunch of #4 oval head screws and #4 finishing washers holding all the trim and side panels. You want to use #4 plastic washers underneath the the finishing washers so that the edges of the finishing washer do not cut the side panels. Also, for the exterior, you want to use the plastic washers (#8) under all the screws to help protect the paint around the screws. You will still need to add a few sizes that are not included and you can find those at the hardware stores and local marinas.

• I've never seen the plastic washers. Where do I find them?

• Just curious, has anyone used plastic push in rivets to hold the interior trim around the windows in place? They seem to do a good job holding the door panels in place on my car, and the ones I’ve looked at may have a better, finished look to them. Also, has anyone vinyl wrapped the interior plastic? All my plastic, including the IP cover, has been painted quite a few times, and I am considering stripping and painting, but carbon fiber wrapping might look good as well. It seems to be all the rage with the kids these days…