Need an A&P at PDK for a pre-buy

Hi Everyone,

We are buying a 69 Cherokee 140 that currently in based at PDK. We are from Texas so we don’t have a mechanic in that area. Can anyone recommend an A&P that might be able to do a pre-buy in the next 2 weeks? Thanks.

Comments

• I’m a frequent visitor to PDK and it is a very turbine rich airport. Hondas to PC12s all the way to G series are non stop. There are two schools on the field that I am aware of. I’d think a call to them might wind you up a bit. But I suspect they will be more than busy keeping their planes flying. Will the owner/broker fly it out for inspection? That’s what I had to do when I bought both my planes. I paid a CFI to get it there and back.

I’ve used Hawk Aircraft in Rome, GA before and they were fine. Gainesville is also the home of Seinsech Propeller (sp) and maybe they will have a line who is on the field.

Sorry I’m no big help, but that’s all I got. 👍

I own and fly a 79 PA32RT-300T. Previous aircraft are a 79 Archer and 76 Arrow.

• When I purchased an Archer from Texas, I flew in (on an airline) with an IA mechanic who was also a pilot. He started his inspection on the Archer in the morning, did what he could on the ground then took it up in the air. He gave it a thumbs up. I closed on the Archer. He was PIC and we flew it out of Texas before sunset - which was the goal.

• edited April 2023

Give Rob at PFM a call. He is my A&P and very knowledgeable on Cherokees. https://www.pfmmaintenance.com/

Edit: I should also mention, if you have any specific questions that a non-mechanic can look for or want pictures of anything, etc I’m happy to go check it out for you since I’m local.