Changing Airspeed Indicators

I have 1972 PA28-180 that the A/S is in MPH. Is it allowed to replace the indicator to one in kts without a big deal?



  • If your poh is in mph, then you need to stick mph as the primary ring. You could replace with a dual scale if that would be helpfull. This question has been noted before and its a very tricky situation. I have also seen some wrong answers. Guidance for any one will be the TCDS information as well as how the POH is put together. Carl

    48 yrs A/P IA DAL aircraft inspector. 172N

Sign In or Register to comment.