Seat roller maintenance

I'm finishing up my interior and about to put the rollers back on the seat. I was going to clean everything real good and then lube the insert (bearing) that goes inside the rollers.

Should I use a light coating of grease or something else like TriFlow? Don't want to attract dirt with grease but since the insert is inside the roller I think it might be ok.

Any suggestions on how to lube the rollers?

Comments

• Found an old article by Scott. I guess dry lube it is. No grease. Should of searched better before I posted.

• McFarelane sells replacement rollers too. Mine were the wrong size on one of the seats and all better now. I think just about anything would work to lube the rollers.

Congrats on the final stretch for your interior!

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• I used lithium grease on mine but hard to know the best lubricant.

• My PA32 maintenance manual says every 100 hrs. to use AERO LUBRIPLATE, FISKE BROS REFINING CO, MIL-G-771 1

Lon Stratton
    n7xa.com

• Oddly enough, I have 2 different sizes on only the adjustable seat. Not sure if it is suppose to be that way or not.

• It is correct if there is little play when you lift the seat front

Mine were likely wrong for years (decades) until i researched and realized they had two different parts for the same years and either could be correct....

If you need the smaller size I think I might have kept them. It is more likely you need the larger size as I don't think the smaller ones would work at all if your frame was designed for the larger. radial delta is 0.1 inches.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)