New Member Hello

Hello. I'm Mike Davisson in Edgewood, NM. Home airport (above) is 1N1. Mountains in the distance are adjacent to and slightly north of Santa Fe. N9494W, PA-28-235. My instructor is with me for my first takeoff just after purchasing several years ago from my friend and neighbor, who snapped the while standing in his backyard near the runway. The top pic is a view from my hangar a few houses down the road/taxiway. I had just re-installed the repaired right wheel pant and thought this view was nice looking.

Comments

• Welcome Mike! A beautiful place in the world to fly! Perfect plane for it as well. What are some of your favorite flights?

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Hi, Eric. Yes, it's a great place to fly, though there aren't nearly as many airports as I suspect are up your way in Oregon, making flying long distances necessary if you want to get somewhere from here. My wife and I mainly fly to northern Colorado to visit our daughter's family. We've also flown to east Tennessee to be with her mother and her brother's family a few days at a time. I wouldn't exactly call that a "favorite" trip since it's a full day of flying to get there and a real slog to get back, but the 235 is certainly capable even with the headwinds coming back. I don't think we've ever been at gross with just us, our stuff and almost full fuel. Though nominally a "235", as in horsepower, it's actually 250 horses, the result of a long ago engine replacement from a Pawnee.

Your being in Oregon is interesting since I've been building a Van's RV-14A. Currently working on the wings. When the time comes, I'll have to sell the Cherokee to finish the RV: engine, avionics, paint and whatever.

• Hi,

I started building an RV-10 in ~2004 but sold the fuselage/wings/tail in 2007 when my son was born. I later was a co-owner of an RV-10 but my family packs to much and I missed twins so I went to the Seneca III.

The RV-14A is a great kit - sort of a 2 seat RV-10 with plenty of storage. Van's is in a rough patch but they are good people in Aurora,OR and I wish them well.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Wowzers! Nice plane, Nice location! Thanks for sharing!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Md9680;

Welcome to the group! Nice plane!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area