Change is good!

Hi everyone,

I've been working on the forums since 2016; gosh where did the time go! I've written over 200 articles in Pipers magazine over that time, too. It's time to retire and turn the reins over to a member that's younger and fresher and with new ideas. And you already know him! Mike J Jones, who's been on this forum for years and is behind the scenes on Pipers as an editor, will be taking over for me going forward.

I'm still here on the forums, however, so I'm not going away. Fly safe and be well my friends!

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot

Comments

• Congratulations Mike (or is it condolences?)! Thanks for all you hard work and help Scott. Safe flying!

Ben

• While I'm relatively new to the forum, I want to still say thank you Scott. I've enjoyed your insights, articles, and posts. Thanks for helping this ownership community.

• Congrats Mike, and thank you Scott for all you've done for the organization over the years. You were one of the reasons I joined!

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Thanks Scott,

I know I speak for many when I say your warm welcome and insight into the safe and efficient operation of our airplanes, has helped us all!

Congratulations Mike!

Stay Safe, Fly Fun!

George

N8434M KLPR

• Thanks gentlemen! :) Your thoughts and comments mean the world to me. I'm still here on the forums, just a regular pilot now! :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot

• edited July 28

Scott, you will never be just a “regular” pilot! I too have enjoyed your articles, product reviews, and your friendship! It’s good to know you will be on the forums, and available for lunch!

Kind Regards,

Mike

• Michael Jay Jones (MikeJJ)
    • Piper Owners Aviation Director, Forum Moderator, Author
    • Commercial, Instrument, CFI - Airplane
    • Commercial Helicopter, Remote Pilot - UAS
    • FAA Wright Brothers Master Pilot
    • 50+ years in aviation, and still learning!

• Scott, it has been a privilege spending time with you and yours at events, reading your articles, communicating on the forums. You are an all-around good egg. Enjoy retirement...

Best Regards,

Roe

• Scott, you can't retire yet. Mike has not gone through his initiation of bringing us a new vendor group discount yet.