New member- 1964 PA-28 235

Hi all, new member here and have been looking for a place like this for support on my new -old plane! I’m a first time airplane owner- ppl- instrument rated and working on commercial /CFI currently. Got a great deal on this plane low engine hours (approx 300 smoh). Great panel- garmin 650- fifty five x AP. Learned in 172s, and now in love with the 235 piper! So much power! Looking forward to being a part of this community and tapping into the knowledge and experience here!

Comments

• Looks like a great find! Excellent hauler and x/c machine,enjoy!

Carl

48 yrs A/P IA DAL aircraft inspector. 172N

• Welcome! Great plane - thanks for sharing! Where are you based?

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Yes for sure, still cannot believe useful load is 1300#! I am based out of KVPZ , NW Indiana.

• Tony;

First, welcome to the group!

Second, beautiful bird, the 235 is an incredibly capable airplane.

Third, come up to 06C and we'll have lunch/dinner at Pilot Pete's.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Thanks! Pilot Pete’s is definitely been on my short list to make a visit to. I’ll be sure to shoot you a message when I head that way!

• Hi Tony!

what a beautiful bird! Looks amazing and I believe it flies even better!!! I wish you a lot of safe and unforgettable hours in your dream!

if you can share please the performance you can have in flight ;) to challenge the AFMs ^^

• Welcome and as others have noted, great looking plane!

Ben

• Thanks! Well so far the performance seems pretty spot on to the afm. With the help of the members here - I’ve dialed in the power settings.fuel burn- 9.4 @ low 15.5@high . Climbs effortlessly at 1000fpm even in the 90f days. Feel very fortunate to have found this plane and absolutely love it. We are taking our first long trip in a few weeks to Vermont!

• Welcome, I had a 235 for about 12yrs...loved it. We've took it to Maine, Phenix, and Montana...you'll love it...it is a great traveling plane.