Performance charts for my Cherokee 150B Serial# 28-1434. 1963

edited October 17 in General Discussion

Hello Piper Society! I own a Cherokee 150B.Ive owned it about 3 years now.I am about to take my instrument check ride and me DEA wants the performance charts for the plane. The original documents that include the weight and balance profile. Can anyone help me with this please.Ive emailed Piper several times with no response. Thank you in advance.

Serial # 28-1434 1963

Steve

Comments

• I hope this helps. you can order a duplicate flight

manual from piper,but you have to order thru a piper dealer

• this owners manual can be ordered from essco

• It sounds like they are asking for the original POH - is this a condition for the examination? I would get this clarified. Technically a POH is required along with W/B, Registration and Airworthiness.

I would check your main records and make sure it is not mixed up with logs books, etc. This year of piper it might not have had a serialized POH and just an owners manual. If that is the case you may be in luck. I have attached one I found online.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Am wondering if some shops got a note for making sure the POH is in place.

In years past I had taken home the POH to reduce risk of it either getting lost or damaged.

This year I had to return back to the airport as the A&P would not sign-off on the Annual without it.

Am starting to like the idea of transitioning the POH over to an EFB. This will also lessen the chore of lugging all the other manuals that I need for flight by carrying them digitally. Am personally not too worried about the primary EFB going dead as I currently carry 4 devices that qualify. If something does manage to kill all 4 EFBs at the same time, chances are good that the avionics will go with them.

• edited October 22

Steve;

The only place to get a new copy of the POH for your airplane's serial number is from Piper. Had to do it years ago because Piper sent my plane out of the factory with the wrong POH. For 25 years, none of the previous owners caught it.

It cost me $300 for the correct POH from Piper (which to this day I hold that they were responsible, so they should have replaced it on their dime), but that's another thread.

As mentioned above, a serialized copy may not be available, so you'll be relegated to an owners manual (as Eric posted). Make sure you have a current W&B.

Don't bother with emails. Call Piper directly.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area